Monday 21 April 2014

Couch to 5k - The Beginning


    Hello everyone!! 

So today, me and one of my best friends officially started the 'Couch to 5k iPhone app'. Its a 9 week fitness program, aiming to get your fitness levels high enough for you to be able to run 5kms in 30 minutes. There's a half hour workout planned for three days every week, which usually alternates walking and jogging. 

Our first workout of Week 1 went really well, it involved jogging for 1 min and walking for 1½ mins, plus a 5 minute warm up and cool down walk. I didn't find it challenging at all, and can honestly say I enjoyed it! 

One thing I find hard personally is staying motivated. And I wasn't going to let myself slack off after a week. So, 'for encouragement', I bought myself a gorgeous new pair of Nike runners. I also put together a playlist, because I think upbeat music is the perfect way to stay motivated, and distracted, during a workout!



If you're planning on starting the app too, let me know in the comments!

♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Love those sneakers. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete