Friday 27 December 2013

Healthy breakfast ideas

I'm no health/fitness guru, but I think eating a healthy breakfast is essential if you want to get the most out of your day. I've only been eating a proper, nutritious breakfast since about September this year, and I almost instantly noticed the differences. I was feeling more refreshed in the morning, my body felt stronger and my mood had definitely improved. Eating an insufficient breakfast, or skipping breakfast can be very dangerous and is not recommended.

To show you my idea of a healthy breakfast, this is what I eat almost every morning.


To make the cereal, I use:

~ 45g rolled oats
~ 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
½ tbsp sunflower seeds
½ tbsp pumpkin seeds
½ tbsp chia seeds
½ tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
~ fruit (I usually add bananas, berries or grated apple)
~ 1 tbsp natural Greek yoghurt
~ milk/soy milk/almond milk

I make it about 30 - 40 minutes before eating, to let the oats absorb the milk (not doing this may cause your body to become dehydrated). Sometimes if I'm still hungry I'll eat a nectarine or apple. A nice cup of tea afterwards is perfect for me, or maybe you'd prefer coffee! Remember to drink a large glass of water before eating anything in the morning, it will speed up metabolism and help digestion.

Of course, if cereal is not your kinda thing, there are plenty of other options... fruit smoothies, wholegrain toast, boiled eggs... heaps. I hope this post helped you out!

PS. A couple of cheeky days eating Froot Loops or Coco Pops is always necessary!

♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment