Saturday 25 January 2014

Review: Hair Products

Here are three mini reviews on some hair products I've used recently!


Toni & Guy Nourish Reconstruction Mask - $15.99

I really enjoyed using this mask! I applied it to my hair immediately after shampooing and conditioning, and left it for about 5 minutes. I rinsed it and let my hair dry naturally. The result was great; my hair felt soft and hydrated, it looked shinier and felt a lot stronger. One thing I did notice was that it weighed down my hair quite a bit. I would recommend using this mask no more than once a week.

4/5
♥ 
♥ ♥   

Herbal Essences 'Hello Hydration' Shampoo & Conditioner - $5.99 each

After the first wash using these products, my hair felt amazing - super soft and silky. I was very impressed, and my hair stayed this way for another 5 washes. At that point, I noticed my hair looked and felt dirty/silicon-y (can I get away with using that word?) immediately after blow drying. I was almost certain it was just a case of product build up, so I used a deep cleansing shampoo and my hair was back to normal. Two washes later (using Herbal Essences) my hair was back to feeling the way it was earlier - dirty and silicon-y. I did a little research and have realised that this is due to the silicon found in the Herbal Essences Shampoo. Won't be using that again!

1/5
♥ ♡ ♡ ♡ 

Wella Professionals Purifying Shampoo - $22

This is the deep cleansing shampoo I mentioned previously. I visited a salon and asked about product build up and the lady working there recommended I use this one. It was excellent and removed all traces of the silicon in my hair. It's very strong and strips your hair of its natural oils, so I would only use it once every fortnight. This shampoo is especially good if you use lots of products in your hair. 100% recommend!

5/5
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 


Sorry for the lack of photos; I've been feeling a bit flat today and can't really be bothered to bring out the camera.
 Let me know your thoughts on these products, or recommend any ones you've been loving recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment